XTEND-IT® is a dry gas blanket designed to extend the shelf life of unused moisture sensitive polyurethane products. Applying the XTEND-IT® dry gas blanket to the unused portion of a liquid polyurethane system will minimize residual moisture in the container and significantly extend the shelf life of what remains.
Safety - Use in a properly ventilated area (“room size” ventilation). Wear safety glasses, long sleeves and rubber gloves to minimize contamination risk. Store and use material at room temperature (73°F/23°C). This product has a limited shelf life and should be used as soon as possible.
APPLICATION - For maximum benefit, XTEND-IT® should be applied every time your polyurethane container is opened. For two component polyurethane products, the use of XTEND-IT® in the part A of the material is the best way to ensure that residual moist air is removed from the material container.
- Store and use at room temperature (73°F / 23°C)
- Use with adequate ventilation
- Do not shake can
- Keep can upright and level when spraying
- Partially close lid on container to be sprayed
- Place XTEND-IT® nozzle under container lid and spray for a few seconds. Spray time will depend on container used. For example:
- A half full 1 Gallon container need only be sprayed for 1-2 seconds.
- A half full 5 Gallon container for about 4 - 5 seconds.
- Immediately replace lid on the container making sure that it is secure in all directions.