Fin Plug Grub Screw
Replacement 316 Stainless Steel Grub Screws for Fin Plugs or Futures boxes.
Removal and Installation of Grub Screws:
- Old fin keys can strip Grub Screws
- When the grub screw is rounded: if you can get the fin out first it is easier to push the screw through into the plug or box rather than trying to back it out.
- If you break a fin and can't get the tabs or base out of the plug, remove the grub screw and insert the key into the hole in order to gently wedge the tab or end of the fin out of the plug or box.
- If the stainless steel screw is stripped and the fin is not in the board, try turning it clockwise thus dropping it into the plug or box.
- If the screw is stripped with the fin still in the board, place a very small drop of super glue on the tip of the key and place in the grub screw making sure that the glue does not flow over into the plug or box and let it dry. Once dry, pull the key out with the screw attached.