Wilkinson Carbon and Composite Scissors
These Wilkinson Composite Shears are designed to offer the very best cutting and handling characteristics when working with carbon fibre, aramid (Kevlar), fibreglass cloth and other advanced composite materials.
Precision manufactured from high carbon tool steel and completely PTFE coated with Xylan™ technology these shears will remain sharp for much longer than a conventional shear, cut easier (even through heavy glass or pre-preg carbon) and provide a lifetime of service.
Carbon & Aramid Composite Shear Features
- Hot forged 10" blade for fast, neat cutting
- Blade angle specific to carbon fibre and other fabrics
- Snag-free cutting of expensive fabrics
- Xylan low friction coating for long lasting sharpness
- Precision manufactured from high carbon tool steel
- Adjustable resistance for the perfect feel
- Micro-Serration applied to the upper blade not the conventional lower blade making it much easier to cut carbon fibre and other valuable fabrics without the serration snagging the fibres as the scissors are slid along the fabric to make the next cut.
- SHARP NOSE making it easy to get under fabrics for the first cut and precisely adjustable resistance making them a joy to use.
Suitable for Cutting
- Dry carbon fibre fabric
- Pre-preg carbon fibre fabric
- Chopped strand mat, woven glass fabric
- Wet resin coated carbon/glass fabric
- Kevlar® and other aramid fibres
- Rubber (due to low friction coating)
- Thin plastic sheet
Fibreglass & General Composite Shear Features
- Hot forged 10" blade for less cuts and clean precision
- Chrome plated blade with unique corrosion protection on the inside
- High carbon tool steel
- Offset handle - machined pivot screw
- One blade micro serrated, one knife edge, allows the trimmers to grip slippery materials as the knife edge reduces the cutting effort
- Longer life is achieved by higher grade materials and more finishing processes
- EXTRA SHARP sidebent blade to create seamless consistant fabric cuts along with precision adjustable resistance.
Suitable for Cutting
- Textiles and Fibreglass
- Surfboard Cloth
- Synthetic textiles
- Carpet & underlay
- Felt & Rope
- Plastic Film
We Also Recommend