Smooth-Cast ONYX Black Polyurethane Plastic
Smooth-Cast ONYX® is a mercury-free urethane resin that cures at room temperature to a Deep Black, solid plastic. ONYX® resins offer the convenience of a 1A:1B by volume mix ratio and have very low viscosities, so they are easy to mix and pour. ONYX® resins have an ultimate Shore hardness of 80D and offer higher physical properties and higher heat resistance vs. other general purpose resins. ONYX® resins are available in 2 speeds.
Advantages that ONYX® resins offer over other resins:
- if you desire a black casting, adding color pigment is not necessary
- cured plastic is ultra-black and darker than competitive black resins
- cured ONYX® plastic can be polished and buffed to a high gloss shine
- ONYX® offers higher heat resistance vs. competitive black resins
- unlike other black resins, ONYX® does not contain mercury
- ONYX® is less expensive vs. other black resins.
Applications include reproducing sculpture, making prototypes and potting / encapsulation. Due to it's quick cure time and hardness, ONYX® is a good choice for creating fast cold cast bronze, brass, copper, nickel or silver effects.
Safety Data Sheets
We Also Recommend